Increasingly our public discourse is dominated by three word slogans, catch phrases and sound bites. We suffer from an attention deficit – are time poor, over worked and under valued. We’re overwhelmed by technology, choices and our inbox.
And we think that the answer it to skim closer to the surface. To read the tweets rather than the articles.
To look at the infographics rather than the data behind it.
But in a culture of superficiality, our competitive advantage … our ethical advantage … and our creative advantage lies not in the shallows but in the depths of our imagination.
I think it is time that we went deeper …
Five points on a deeper future:
We need to:
- THINK more about ideas and what needs to happen to make them RESONATE within our cultures
- ACT like ideas MATTER and can CHANGE lives
- HELP articulate possible FUTURES because there’s always more than ONE
- WORK to make the first step of that future TANGIBLE because it sets the agenda
- INCLUDE others because FEAR is the first response to the NEW
Inspired by this awesome presentation from Critical Mass on the Cultural Impact on Digital Design.