There’s a bit of something for everyone this week – something for the activists, some for the bloggers, some for the business to business marketers and even a snack for the hard working strategists and creatives in the agencies.
- In the face of the #occupywallstreet momentum, Shay O’Reilly takes a shot at Malcolm Gladwell and wonders whether Gladwell isn’t, after all, a “crusty luddite”.
- Over the weekend, NSW Police cleared Sydney’s Martin Place of #occupysydney protesters. This echoed the more violent closure of #occupymelbourne days earlier. What is it about peaceful protest that so incenses the government? Tim Longhurst shares some thoughts.
- Laurel Papworth’s post (actually more like an essay) on the new Paywall for News Limited’s The Australian website is well worth a read. It provides a good background to the challenges, the approach that was taken pre-launch and some analysis of what will and what probably won’t.
- Jake Hird has compiled 25 B2B social media case studies – including American Express’ Open Forum and Dell’s YouTube and Facebook channels. Good to share with your colleagues!
- What can we learn from creatives, strategists and music? Jye Smith shares a few links and some insight.