This week’s focus is on innovation – what is it, what drives it and how do you need to think about it differently now. The central theme is that it begins with you – innovation is not something you can handball to someone else. So what are you waiting for? Don’t be the reflected glory in someone else’s mirror. Step up. Yes, I’m talking to you.
- If you only have time to read one article this week, make it this one from Olivier Blanchard – Social Business vs Social Marketing. Yes, it’s a fight over content, but that’s just the beginning.
- Julie Hunt suggests it’s time that IT and Marketing got together to drive innovation through B2B enterprises
- Valeria Maltoni asks you to take a walk in the hall of mirrors – how attractive are you (yes, it applies to brands), and why would anyone want to talk to you? Sometimes you have to influence your self.
- Is imagination the source of innovation? Brian Solis suggests that for true innovation we need to dig deeper than the surface layer of technology, tapping more meaningful experiences, passions and capacity to lead change.
- The nature of social media often masks the introverted nature of many of its participants. If that sounds like you, then the introvert’s guide to getting noticed in business is a great read.