When I am selecting these posts, I look for something that piques my interest – a word, a phrase or an idea that resonates.
Interestingly, it is almost never a comment. The idea behind Five Must-Read Posts from Last Week is to highlight those articles that should be shared or should find their way through the well-tuned content filters we have now all developed.
These five posts caught my eye and my imagination last week. I hope they help you start this week well!
- This excellent article on the Psychology of Pay Walls fascinates me. The concept that ownership has its own value is very important – and gives an indication of just how online communities become entrenched in the minds of their members
- Do your blog posts have a “tweetable moment” – the soundbyte that encourages your readers to tweet out a link? Craig Rosenberg shares Nine Variable to Consider When Creating Remarkable Content. The tweetable moment is just one of them
- How to Make New Friends is a stirling post by Nicola Swankie. Plenty of lessons for all of us here
- Not exactly from last week, but something that Mark Pollard shared (again): How to Position Your Business in 3 Sentences. For. Only. Because. We all need to be reminded of this! (Also check out his How to Explain an Idea – really from the last 5 days)
- An opportunity not to be missed – the Tax Deduction that Could Change Your Business.