In my view, it’s always best to learn from people who have “been there and done that”. I have never really been a fan of repeating the mistakes of others – so when I realised that blogs were a fantastic way of sharing your knowledge and experience – I was hooked. This week’s five must read posts will make you smarter – well, they worked for me, anyway.
- Drew McLellan shares a great new social media training course for those involved in tourism. Check it out.
- Mitch Joel interviews David Meerman Scott on the marketing secrets of the Grateful Dead. If you read my blog, then you’re sure to know of David’s expertise, but this interview allows you to hear just how easy he makes marketing sound.
- Many of us want to turn our blogging efforts into cold, hard cash. But it can be hard. It can be gruelling. And, as Valeria Maltoni asks, would your content sell? Maybe.
- In an age where we are always looking for the authentic face behind the public mask, Mel Peters does us all a service and interviews Stan Johnson from BrandDNA.
- Our shifting patterns of social media participation are seeing us move form simple status-style updates indicating presence to a mode which is more collaborative. With geo-location tagging now active, Stefano Maggi explains how universal check-ins are moving us “beyond venues”.