Each week as I flip through my fabulous Feedly feed reader, I make note of those posts that really stand out. I jot a few words in a draft post and a link and then publish it on a Monday morning. Hope you find it useful!
- Lisa Barone has put together a great list of 52 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Social Media Company. If runs the gamut from brand monitoring through community and reputation management – and even to corporate alignment. Great stuff!
- The future is notoriously hard to predict – just ask those futurists. Over at The Ad Contrarian, Bob Hoffman explains Why I Never Make Predictions, and shares a few recent examples of how it can go wrong.
- Why are we driven to do things? What motivates us? Dan Pink says it’s autonomy, mastery and purpose and Katie Chatfield provides some nice contexualisation around Dan’s recent conversation with Clay Shirky. Well worth the read.
- Speaking of motivation, James Fridley is motivated to help his Mum. And you can too! Read his post and find out how you can help one woman who has tapped into her autonomy, mastery and purpose.
- Brian Solis (yes the man with the fab boots) talks social relationship management – a step beyond social CRM. The idea is that SRM spreads well beyond the customer service focus of CRM and impacts other parts of the enterprise. This stuff is right up my alley at the moment!