There are a broad series of topics this week – each reminding us to find value in what we do (for ourselves, our friends and our businesses).
- What happens if you send an email and the person doesn’t respond within 24 hours? Do you follow up? On a recent trip to the UK, Chris Brogan was out of contact for less than a day and received a number of follow-up emails. As he points out – “none of us are performing surgery”. The beauty of the web is that it works asynchronously (or as Chris says, “anywhen”). Let’s keep it that way.
- Drew McLellan explains how social media has changed his world – he’s smarter, better connected, in demand – and a whole lot more. How has social media changed your world?
- Katie Chatfield shares her passion for visualisation and data – tell me and I’ll forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I’ll understand. There is a great presentation and a video included.
- Chris Jarvis writes about the three stages in the journey of a volunteer – explaining just how the volunteer-NFP relationship can go sour at any stage. Some great lessons here for anyone working with interns or volunteers.
- Think social media is a fad? Need some facts and thoughts to challenge your assumption – look no further than Mandi Bateman’s post – this is why you need good content. It’s not about your big idea – it’s about how your big idea spreads.