In amongst the thought leadership, the tips and tricks and the case studies that fill my reader each week, a gem sometimes emerges. It’s not easily explained. It makes my heart skip. And it comes with its own a-ha moment.
I have a dedicated category on my reader that helps me follow the writers who surprise and delight me. But in a way, I expect a certain style of writing from those blogs. It’s the surprising post from the unexpected source that I am truly seeking this week.
Interestingly then, this week’s must-read posts from last week is all about you.
- Week 6 of Wonderment: Reinvent – comes from Jasmin Tragas, seeking to find the wonder in every day living. It’s part of a collaborative Flickr project and is already turning up some fantastic imagery.
- Valeria Maltoni talks about the hard work of being “you” – providing some practical advice along the way.
- John Hagel asks “who are you” and explains that your answer influences everything that follows. How we perceive ourselves, what we do and how we behave, are all changing – and this poses interesting questions, provides opportunities, exposes challenges and also shortcomings. Take a look.
- Chris Guillebeau shares (again) his Brief Guide to World Domination which stems from two key questions – what do you really want to get out of life? And – What can you offer the world that no one else can?
- It could get worse again is, well … let me just say it is something you have to experience on your own terms.