It was hard whittling down a bunch of excellent posts from last week. As usual there were some great pieces of thinking, some analysis, observation and outright good storytelling.
But I try to spot last week’s very best posts – and after hard week’s panning, these five shiny pieces of gold were left in my sieve:
- John Hagel has an excellent post, Reshaping Relationships through Passion, asking whether, during this time of shifting priorities, behaviours and approaches, whether “shy people” are placed at a disadvantage. Tapping our passions is recommended.
- Valeria Maltoni talks conversation strategy – and shows how some of the best in the business bring an online conversation to life – automatically.
- Jeremiah Owyang regularly pulls together detailed statistics on the social web. Here is his Social Network Statistics post – which will be updated throughout the year.
- Ivan Askwith talks strategy, viral and keeping your customers at the centre of the brand experience. My favourite line – “Viral isn’t what a marketing campaign is, but how that campaign spreads”. Hooray.
- Mike Arauz asks us to think about betting against the sure thing. What would that mean for your advertising and marketing efforts? How would it change your sense of yourself?