Have you noticed that the end of year activities are keeping us all busy? It certainly feels like the busy-ness of business is accelerating in the last month before year-end – and while this is normal, it feels faster, more jam-packed than previous years. Or perhaps I think this same thought each December!
But whether you are busy or not, these five must-read posts will save you a little searching and deliver you some quality information. Enjoy!
- Katie Chatfield shares a great chart (and article) that steps you through the process of creating personas. The 10 Steps to Personas by Dr Lene Nielsen helps you link people with stories. Nice.
- Tara Hunt reminds us to Measure the Impact, Not the Influence – that is, look at the outcomes that your programs deliver, rather than the raw numbers. Remember, reaching a person interested in what you have to offer is more important than reaching many who are disinterested.
- In the lead-up towards the end of the year, many of us are focused on sales. Drew McLellan asks, What Are Your Sales Mistakes Costing You. You may be surprised to find out.
- How does recommendation and reputation work? Valeria Maltoni explains the real value of reputation.
- And on the topic of people, recommendation and sales, check Ross Dawson’s presentation on The Future of Sales is Social.