Over the last week there has been plenty of discussion around the concept of intellectual property – who owns it and who gets paid for it. Is intellectual property the pursuit of businesses or individuals – and how do we (as brands, marketers, innovators, consumers) tap into this? Do we consider this work or is it just part of the fabric of life? These five must-read posts seek to answer some of these questions! Enjoy:
- Katie Chatfield loves “free” but argues that we need to also reward the creators, the innovators and the artists. Couldn’t agree more.
- Gareth Kay is working a similar theme – showing how artist revenues are increasing in this era of “file sharing”. Seems the real value lies in the story telling and re-telling.
- Ever wondered what makes a story come to life? For me, it is in the telling and retelling. That’s where passion comes in. John Hagel digs into the nature of passion and how it manifests. Gold.
- What does passion have to do with our work? Luc Debaisieux shares a presentation on the Future of Work.
- And if you have a couple of spare minutes to watch a video, Joseph Jaffe suggests that it’s better to give than receive.