You know, when I started out I was aiming to write one blog entry each day with the aim of making it to 999 in around 3 years. But apart from anything else, I was interested in what disciplines may be required in achieving this. And as today the total number of entries sits at 100, I can say that I have been humbled by the beast!
There are 5 things that I have learned:
- Just because you write something doesn’t mean that it will interest anyone (no matter how much you love it)
- You have got to share the love in order to get some lovin’ yourself (ie don’t think that others will read your rantings if you don’t read those of others)
- Keep focused because your readers are interested in the TOPICS you rant about … not necessarily in all the tangents that you throw up (unless your blog is about tangents)
- Don’t take it too seriously
- Don’t just "report", analyse and add perspective
- Anyone still reading? Yeah I know this is six, but the final one is keep trying to surprise yourself AND your readers.
Thanks to all those who keep reading!